Salt Spray Testing, Humidity Testing, Corrosion Analysis
Determine Environmental Impact
A variety of corrosion analysis services, including salt spray testing and humidity testing, are performed at Laboratory Testing Inc. to help customers determine the impact of environmental conditions and corrodents on their materials and products. Corrosion analysis is an important element of both R&D and quality control. Salt spray testing to ASTM B117, also called the salt fog test, corrosion analysis to ASTM A262, passivation testing to ASTM and MIL specifications and the humidity test to AMS 2700 can all provide important information for choosing materials, treatments and manufacturing processes that will ensure reliable end products. Test results can also assist in failure analysis and in determining performance in service.
What sets Laboratory Testing Inc. apart from other corrosion analysis labs?
- Accredited testing
- Nearly 30 years in the business, since 1984
- Test specimen preparation capabilities
- One-stop lab for all materials testing, nondestructive testing and metrology needs
Salt spray testing, performed to ASTM B117, exposes metal specimens and products to a controlled corrosive environment at an accelerated rate. Temperature and humidity testing are also conducted in a controlled environment using a chamber that offers a wide-range of temperature and relative humidity options.
Even with the best intentions and precautions, corrosion can cause damage to materials. Our metallurgical engineers can detect corrosion on test samples and research the source of the problem when corrosion does occur. A fully computerized SEM/EDS system at LTI allows assists with corrosion detection and failure analysis. The high magnification and high resolution imaging of the SEM, used in conjunction with the analysis capabilities of the EDS, can provide answers about corrosive agents affecting even the smallest areas of interest.
The variety of corrosion analysis services available from LTI include:
- Salt Spray Testing to ASTM B117 / Salt Fog Test
- Humidity Testing to AMS 2700 in the range of 10% to 95% relative humidity
- Temperature testing in the range of -94°F to +356°F (-70°C to +180°C)
- Passivation Testing to ASTM A967, ASTM A380 & MIL-STD 753 Methods 102 & 103
- Intergranular Attack/Oxidation
- Alpha Case
- Accelerated Intergranular Corrosion
- Corrosion Analysis (ASTM A262 Practice A, B, C, E; ASTM G28 Methods A & B; ASTM G48 Methods A, B, C, D, E & F; ASTM A923 Method C; ASTM G66; ASTM G67)
Whatever your testing needs, our chemistry and corrosion analysis laboratory will get you answers, even on orders with unique requirements or limited sample weight. Our chemical testing capabilities cover metals, ores, ferroalloys, composites, ceramics and polymers.