Identify Defects and Discontinuities
Ultrasonic Inspection, also known as UT Inspection, is a reliable method of detecting defects on or below the surface of materials and discontinuities in the wall thickness of tubing, pipe and other round stock. The test results from ultrasonic inspection services provide valuable information about the reliability of materials and products without causing them harm during the inspection process.
Laboratory Testing Inc. performs ultrasonic inspection services on two work shifts to meet our customers’ turnaround needs. Our lab’s capabilities include high-speed immersion UT inspection for round material, an immersion tank for inspecting oversized materials and contact UT for products and materials in other shapes and sizes.
- Round stock from 1/8 in. to 6 5/8 in. diameter and up to 70 ft. long is inspected by our five high-speed immersion ultrasonic inspection lines.
- Oversized round material with a diameter to 2 ft., length to 16 ft. and weight to 3000 lbs. is inspected in our A, B, and C scan immersion UT inspection tank.
- Flat material up to 4 ft. wide, 16 ft. long and under 3000 lbs. is also inspected in our immersion UT tank.
- Materials in other shapes and sizes are inspected by the contact UT method.
Our five high-speed immersion ultrasonic inspection lines and the immersion UT tank are all computerized for paperless chart recording and file retention. Our own UT inspection library of reference standards for tube, pipe, bar and plate allows us to offer quick turnaround on orders.
LTI is PRI/Nadcap accredited for ultrasonic inspection services. NDT Level II and Level III inspectors and an NDT MIL-STD-2132 Examiner for both immersion and contact ultrasonic inspection are on staff. Our technicians are certified to ASNT SNT-TC-1A, NAS410/MIL-STD-410, MIL-STD-2132 and Pratt & Whitney PWA-NDTQ to meet your industry requirements.
Ultrasonic Inspection Summary
- Inspection Methods – immersion and contact UT inspection
- Size Limitations
- high-speed immersion – round materials 1/8 in. to 6 5/8 in. diameter and up to 70 ft. long
- immersion tank - products up to 16 ft. long and under 3000 lbs.; round up to 2 ft. wide and flat up to 4 ft. wide
- contact ultrasonic inspection – products and materials in other shapes and sizes
- Test Specifications – ASTM E213, ASTM A388, ASTM A578
- Nadcap Accreditation
- Additional Services
- receipt and final inspection
- cutting, trimming and deburring
- material identification
- special packaging and shipping
Call us at 800-219-9095 for more information on pricing or added services such as receipt inspection, cutting, trimming and deburring or special packaging and delivery options.