Weight, Balance, Comparator Calibration and More
Mass calibration is performed at Laboratory Testing Inc. by the experienced technicians in the LTI Metrology Lab. A range of mass calibration services is provided at our climate-controlled laboratory in the Philadelphia, PA area, including balance calibration, scale calibration, weight calibration and comparator calibration. Some instruments can also be calibrated on site at our customers’ facilities by our specially trained field technicians.
There’s even more to our qualifications and capabilities:
- Calibration standards are traceable to NIST.
- Mass calibration is accredited by A2LA.
- Weight calibration is available for a wide-range of classes, including A, B, C, F, M, P, Q, S, S-1, T, 1, 1.1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6, as defined in the specification NBS Handbook 105-1 & 44, NBS Circular 547 ANSI/ASTM E617.
- Highly reliable equipment is capable of performing balance calibration, scale calibration and comparator calibration on test items with capacities to over 1,000 lbs.
You’ll get timely, accurate services and an easy-to-read Calibration Certificate with a full report of all work and results. When your instrument is due for re-calibration, we will send you a reminder notice. Pick-up and delivery services are offered for customers within 60 miles of our Hatfield, PA lab, at no additional charge.
LTI Metrology Capabilities
- Weight Calibration
- Below 1 kg. (2 lb.) to 50 kg. (100 lbs.)
- Classes: A, B, C, F, M, P, Q, S, S-1, T, 1, 1.1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6
- Balance Calibration (Scale Calibration)
- 0 to over 1,000 lbs.
- Comparator Calibration
- 0 to over 1,000 lbs.
The Mass Calibration Process
LTI Metrology is equipped with a number of scales designed to handle mass calibration of standards and instruments at various weights and accuracies. The calibration entails a weight comparison from the scale readout against a known standard or mass value. The precision mass standards used for calibration are of a known accuracy.
See the Full Scope
Review our A2LA accreditation for details of our scope. For a quick-reference list of other measuring tools and instruments calibrated by our lab and field technicians, see our list of Calibration Services & Instruments Calibrated.