Ensure Performance Meets Expectations
Customers rely on metal testing and material analysis from Laboratory Testing Inc. to provide the test results, certified test reports and answers they need to run their business. Our engineers, chemists and technicians are highly experienced and provide solutions for the following:
- Verifying the quality of raw materials and end products
- Researching material and product failures
- Uncovering production issues
- Providing metal test services cusstomers need to meet regulatory requirements
Full-Service, Accredited Lab
LTI’s destructive metal testing services are A2LA accredited to ISO/IEC 17025 and comply with ISO 9001 and ISO 13485. Both destructive and nondestructive testing are accredited by PRI Nadcap. All metal test results, accreditations, specifications and more are documented in our detailed Certified Test Reports.
Lab Testing performs all metals testing at our facility located near Philadelphia, PA (USA) including mechanical testing, metallurgical testing, chemical analysis, nondestructive testing and corrosion testing. As your metal testing lab, call on us to give you information about the following:
- Mechanical properties
- Microscopic product features
- Flaws and defects
- Material composition
- Corrosion susceptibility
The metals testing and material analysis departments work with the latest computerized equipment to ensure reliable results. Some of our latest technology are a Thermo iCAP Q ICP-MS system, Hitachi SEM/EDS (EDAX), Leco RC612 analyzer for moisture determination and Struers DuraScan hardness testing system.
The chemistry laboratory is able to perform qualitative and quantitative elemental analysis, even at trace levels, and analyze a variety of materials in addition to metals including powdered metals, ores, ferroalloys, composites, plastics and ceramics. Laboratory Testing is fully equipped to prepare test specimens and samples for all metal tests performed in our destructive testing departments.
Our nondestructive metal test services can be performed on a wide-range of specimens and products such as tubing, pipe, bar, plates, castings, fasteners and other machined parts in all sizes, shapes and weights.
LTI Metals Testing Capabilities
- Chemical Analysis – instrumental and classical wet chemistry
- Mechanical Testing – wide-range of tests to measure material strength, ductility, hardness, fatigue, fracture toughness and more
- Metallurgical Testing – microscopic, macroscopic and microhardness examinations, sample preparation
- Corrosion Testing – accelerated intergranular corrosion, salt spray, humidity, passivation and more
- Nondestructive Testing – ultrasonic, hydrostatic pressure, X-ray, magnetic particle, liquid penetrant
- Specimen Preparation – in-house Machine Shop