Ensure Performance Meets Expectations
Customers rely on metal testing services and material analysis from Laboratory Testing Inc. to provide the test results, certified reports and answers they need to run their business. Our engineers, chemists and technicians can verify the quality of raw materials or end products, help research product failures and provide metals testing to meet your industry and customer requirements.
Lab Testing performs all metals testing at our Hatfield, PA facility (near Philadelphia) including mechanical testing, metallurgical testing, chemical analysis, nondestructive testing and corrosion testing. As your metals testing provider, call on us for the following services:
- Verify mechanical properties
- Examine microscopic product features
- Identify flaws and defects
- Determine material composition
- Test for corrosion susceptibility
LTI’s material and metal testing services are A2LA accredited to ISO/IEC 17025 and comply with ISO 9001 and ISO 13485. Both material testing and nondestructive testing are accredited by PRI/Nadcap.
Our metal testing and material analysis departments work with the latest computerized equipment to assure reliable results. Some recent additions are a Hitachi SEM/EDS (EDAX) and Struers DuraScan hardness testing system. All metal test results, accreditations, specifications and more are documented in our detailed Certified Material Test Reports.
The chemistry laboratory is able to perform qualitative and quantitative elemental analysis, even at trace levels, and analyze a variety of materials in addition to metals including powdered metals, ores, ferroalloys, composites, plastics and ceramics. Our metals testing services can be performed on a wide-range of specimens and products such as tubing, pipe, bar, plates, castings, fasteners and other machined parts in all sizes, shapes and weights. Laboratory Testing is fully equipped to prepare test specimens for all metal tests in our destructive testing departments.
LTI Metal Test Capabilities
- Chemical Analysis – instrumental and wet chemistry
- Mechanical Testing – wide-range of tests to measure material strength and ductility
- Metallurgical Testing – microscopic, macroscopic and microhardness examinations, sample preparation
- Corrosion Testing – intergranular corrosion to ASTM, salt spray, humidity, passivation
- Nondestructive Testing – ultrasonic, hydrostatic pressure, X-ray, magnetic particle, liquid penetrant
- Specimen Preparation