Medical / Healthcare
Staying Ahead of the Technology Curve
The medical field is rapidly evolving with new breakthroughs in technology and improvements to medical materials, medical devices and implants. What doesn’t change is the need for the highest quality and most reliable products to ensure performance, durability and long-term reliability. The services provided by our material testing and calibration lab help make that happen.
As a material testing lab, Laboratory Testing Inc. is a major supplier of nondestructive and destructive testing services for leading manufacturers in the medical industry. By partnering with these manufacturers, LTI’s testing and certifications have become an essential part of their quality programs and have provided assurance that the materials going into their products will hold up to expectations.
LTI offers material testing and inspections services for metals and polymers. We provide information customers need for product qualification, material verification, production control and other important business decisions including:
- Material composition & identification
- Mechanical properties
- Defects & discontinuities
- Susceptibility to corrosion
LTI Metrology, our calibration lab, can validate the output of measuring tools, gauges and other instruments that help support production and quality control. For convenience you can send instruments to our full-service calibration lab or schedule on-site service with our technicians.
Meeting Medical Industry Requirements
A Certified Test Report or Calibration Certificate is provided with all orders and includes details about the services performed and the results. Our A2LA accreditation and ISO/IEC 17025 certification comply with the requirements of ISO 13485 for the medical industry, so you know you will get reliable service and results.
Material Testing and Much More
To ease your workload and get you quick results, we can coordinate all related services right here at LTI.
- Specimen preparation in our in-house Machine Shop
- Failure analysis performed by materials engineers to determine the root cause of product failure and make recommendations for avoiding future occurrences
- Dimensional inspection to verify the measurement accuracy of machined parts
Our testing services for medical devices and implants include the following:
- Trace Element Analysis
- Spectroscopy (ICP-AES, ICP-MS, AES)
- Positive Material Identification (PMI)
- Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy (FTIR)
- Carbon / Sulfur / Nitrogen / Oxygen / Hydrogen Determination
- RoHS Compliance Testing
- Wet Chemistry
- Tensile, Elongation Testing
- Yield Strength
- Fracture Toughness Testing
- Fatigue Testing
- Hardness Testing
- Bend Testing
- Stress Rupture
- Compression Testing
- Grain Size (ASTM E-112)
- Coating / Plating Thickness
- Surface Contamination
- Microhardness (Knoop & Vickers)
- Ultrasonic Testing
- Liquid Penetrant Inspection