A Closer Look: Verifying Dimensional Accuracy
Dimensional inspection, also called dimensional metrology, assesses the geometric characteristics of parts and products to assure their compliance with design specifications. Dimensional inspection verifies the accuracy of product features that can affect reliability and functionality, and can be a critical step during product development or following production.
A Lab With All the Qualifications
LTI Metrology near Philadelphia, PA performs dimensional inspection on surface and specialty features of machined parts and products, including internal and external fastener threads.
Qualifications include the following:
- First article inspection and third-party dimensional metrology services are performed according to NAS, MS and ANSI specifications.
- Dimensional inspection and measurement capabilities are accredited to ISO/IEC 17025 by A2LA.
- All instrumentation used in the dimensional metrology lab is traceable to NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology).
- Over 30 years experience performing inspections
Providing the Most Reliable Results
Customers receive the measurement information they need for product verification and quality control, so they can get their products to the marketplace and stay ahead of the competition. For the highest degree of accuracy, we minimize factors that contribute to measurement uncertainty:
- Inspections are performed in an environmentally-controlled laboratory with regulated temperature and humidity.
- Our dimensional metrology inspectors are thoroughly trained to interpret customer prints.
- CMM inspection services and Smartscope technology are utilized for timely, reliable and repeatable measurements.
Equipment for All Types of Orders
The dimensional inspection equipment at LTI Metrology has both contact and non-contact measurement options including:
- Multisensor Smartscope with optical and touch probe capabilities
- Brown & Sharpe CMM Measuring Microscope with zoom magnification
- Conventional measuring equipment and highly trained technicians to perform inspections
Scope of Dimensional Inspection Services
- Contact CMM Inspection – large items up to 18″ x 20″ x 16″
- Video or Non-contact CMM Inspection Service – items to 20” x 18” x 8”
- Conventional Inspection – thread gages, plug gages, height gages, micrometers, calipers and surface plates
LTI Metrology Capabilities
- First article inspection
- Third party inspection
- CMM and Smartscope technology for high volume repeatability
- A2LA accreditation to ISO/IEC 17025
- NIST traceability
- Dimensional inspection performed to NAS, MS and ANSI specifications
LTI Metrology is the dimensional inspection and calibration lab at Laboratory Testing Inc. Contact us today to discuss your order.