Temperature Controller Calibration
Including Temperature Sensor Calibration for Complete Verification
Temperature controller calibration and temperature sensor calibration will confirm that your equipment is operating accurately and consistently over time. It’s important that these devices can maintain a constant temperature or adequately control temperature, especially in equipment that requires minimal operator involvement or is exposed to periods of extreme temperatures and frequent thermal cycling like a sensor.
Calibration is Our Specialty
LTI Metrology, near Philadelphia, PA, (USA) can perform temperature controller calibration and temperature sensor calibration to verify that the components of your system work properly and reliably. Our field technicians can provide all the services you need on site in PA, NJ, DE and beyond:
- Controllers can be verified to the accuracy stated by manufacturer’s specifications or customer requirements.
- Technicians are qualified to make any adjustments necessary to bring these instruments into acceptable accuracies.
- Temperature controllers and sensors for any application can be calibrated, including ovens and furnaces, stress rupture machines, injection molding equipment, etc.
We want to make it convenient for you:
- Calibration is performed on site
- We can purchase and replace temperature controllers, if necessary
- Your Calibration Certificate will explain our process and results in detail
LTI Metrology Capabilities
- Types of temperature controllers calibrated
- On-off, proportional and PID
- Digital, analog and chart recording models
- Temperature sensor calibration
- Temperature calibration provided for additional instruments
- Recorders, regulators, readouts, baths
- NIST traceability
- A2LA accreditation to ANSI/ISO/IEC 17025
The Temperature Controller Calibration Process
A precision temperature controller uses a current or voltage source to drive power through actuators based on input from a temperature sensor such as a thermocouple or RTD. The controller compares the actual temperature to the desired control temperature, or setpoint, and provides output to a connected control element such as a heater or fan to maintain the desired temperature. When performing temperature controller calibration, LTI technicians will verify the controllers by simulating a millivolt signal with the correct cold junction compensation, including any thermocouple such as K, T, J and others for their entire range of functionality.
Get in touch with our field calibration team today to schedule a service call. Also ask about the other calibration services we can perform while at your facility.