Don’t Just Say It’s Strong: Let Us Prove It
Mechanical testing provides information about the suitability of a material for its intended application by evaluating mechanical properties. Test results help companies design and manufacture reliable products that will perform as expected.
Laboratory Testing Inc. has a full-service mechanical testing laboratory near Philadelphia, PA (USA) that routinely performs tensile testing, charpy impact testing, hardness testing, fracture toughness and fatigue testing, stress rupture and creep testing, and more.
Our combination of technical expertise, competitive pricing and fast turnaround provides an ideal solution for your testing needs. Qualifications will also meet your requirements:
- PRI Nadcap and A2LA accreditation
- Testing completed according to ASTM, EN, ISO, MIL, NASM industry standards and specifications
- PED approval based on ISO 17025 certification
- Mechanical and materials engineers to help with unique needs and questions
- Specimen preparation for all mechanical tests
Customers receive a Certified Test Report showing the complete results of each mechanical test.
Mechanical testing services measure materials under various temperature, tension, compression and load conditions. These mechanical tests provide customers with important information about the mechanical properties and characteristics of their materials:
- Impact resistance
- Fracture toughness
Mechanical Test Ranges
- Tensile testing of metal parts and specimens in all sizes, from the smallest fasteners to huge tubing and bolts on our 600,000 lb. capacity machines. A 10,000 lb. capacity tensile machine provides plastics testing
- Elevated temperature tensile testing using a furnace carousel to process up to three samples at once. Samples can be heated to 1800°F
- Stress rupture and creep testing comply with ASTM standards and can be performed at temperatures up to 2000°F
- Fracture toughness and fatigue testing with equipment that can generate up to 55,000 lbs. of tensile or compressive force and controls the test temperature between -250°F and +400°F
- Rockwell, Brinell & Superficial hardness testing is available for metals, while a Shore Durometer hardness tester provides plastics testing
- Charpy impact testing is performed from -452°F to 500°F
- Welder & Procedure Qualification: (per MIL & API specifications, ASME & AWS codes, ASTM & EN standards and the Pressure Equipment Directive)
Test Specimens for Mechanical Testing
For convenience and quick turnaround, LTI’s full-service Machine Shop is fully staffed on two work shifts to prepare specimens from metals and many plastics for all types of mechanical testing. Test specimens are machined according to ASTM standards A370, E8, E23 and customer specifications, and LTI is PRI Nadcap accredited for specimen preparation. LTI is also on NIST’s (National Institute of Standards and Technology) Qualified Manufacturers List for Charpy V-notch Impact verification specimens. Heat treating capabilities are also provided.
Extensive List of Mechanical Testing Services
LTI is equipped to perform a wide range of mechanical testing services to help you verify the mechanical properties of your materials. While all of the following tests are offered for metals, tensile and hardness testing are also available for polymers:
LTI also provides mechanical testing for tubing, washers and fasteners: