Catch Problems Before They Cost You
Whether you order testing for raw materials, finished fasteners, or to research quality issues with production, you will benefit from identifying and correcting weaknesses or defects before costly problems occur. Laboratory Testing Inc. offers a broad range of fastener inspection and testing capabilities:
- Magnetic Particle & Liquid Penetrant Inspections to identify surface discontinuities
- Dimensional Inspection of fasteners with internal or external threads using CMMs and optical inspection
- Chemical Analysis by Spectrometry, ICP-AES, AES, FTIR, Carbon/Sulfur/Nitrogen/Oxygen/Hydrogen Determination & Positive Material Identification (PMI) to reveal material composition
- Metallurgical Testing for microstructure, grain flow, macroetch and other evaluations
- Mechanical Testing on properties such as strength, hardness and load capacity for small and large fasteners on tensile machines with capacities from 100 to 400,000 lbs.
- Failure Analysis to determine the root cause of a failed product
LTI is more than a testing company; we also provide related services to save you time and simplify your job. Let us prepare any specimens needed for testing or conduct a failure investigation to identify the root cause of a failed fastener. Rely on our metrology staff to calibrate and certify the measurement accuracy of your measuring tools, gages, torque wrenches, masters, CMMs, surface plates and many other measuring instruments.