Testing Quality Without Harming Samples
Nondestructive Testing is also known as NDT Testing, Non Destructive Examination and NDE Inspection. These test methods can detect surface and sub-surface defects without affecting the operating performance of the inspected products.
Laboratory Testing Inc. can perform non destructive testing on metals and alloys, as well as some ceramics, composites, plastics and more. Nondestructive Weld Testing methods are also offered to inspect the quality of welds for Welder and Procedure Qualification and to detect corrosion.
Laboratory Testing Inc. is a fully equipped and accredited independent materials and NDT testing company near Philadelphia PA (USA).
Qualified to Meet Your Requirements
LTI Non-destructive Testing Services help customers evaluate materials, parts and processes, while meeting industry requirements and quality needs:
- PRI Nadcap accreditation
- Strict quality system and procedures to ensure reliable results
- Certified NDE inspectors to meet industry requirements:
- ASNT SNT-TC-1A, NAS410, MIL-STD-2132, Pratt & Whitney PWA-NDTQ,
- AWS Certified Welding Inspector
- PED Certified technicians in MP, LP and X-ray
- Test results evaluated by certified NDT Level 2 & 3 technicians
NDT Testing for Metals & More
Lab Testing offers a wide range of capabilities for customers with many types of materials and parts. Even extremely large materials, and the smallest samples, can be tested and inspected:
- NDT methods are available for inspecting tubing, pipes, bars, plates, castings, fasteners and many other products.
- The layout of our Nondestructive Testing lab and capacities of our equipment allow LTI to inspect materials and parts in all shapes and sizes, as well as orders of almost any quantity.
- Our high-capacity forklifts and cranes safely handle materials weighing up to three tons.
Array of Non destructive Testing Services
Both immersion and contact Ultrasonic Testing (UT) services are performed in Lab Testing’s Non-destructive Testing lab to locate discontinuities in products and welds, and inconsistencies in tubing and pipe wall thickness. With our extensive in-house collection of reference standards for tubing, pipe, bar and plate, we are able to turn orders around quickly.
Hydrostatic Pressure Testing is used to verify the performance capability of fluid-filled tubing, pipe and coils, and can identify leaks. LTI can test tubing and pipe to pressures up to 10,000 PSI.
Surface and near surface discontinuities can be identified in products that can be magnetized using Magnetic Particle Inspection services. Wet fluorescent Magnetic Particle Testing is performed on products up to 12 ft. long using equipment with a maximum output of 6,300 amps. Dry powder inspection services are also provided.
Liquid Penetrant Testing services are reliable for detecting surface-breaking flaws in materials with a non-porous surface. The NDT inspectors at Laboratory Testing Inc. perform dye penetrant testing using both fluorescent and visible dye on products up to 25 ft. long.
X-ray Inspection is used to locate internal discontinuities, verify the integrity of internal components and determine the quality of welds. At LTI, our X-ray inspection equipment can penetrate thick metal and plastic products and parts, and our 20 ft. by 20 ft. vault can handle items very large in size.
NDT inspectors are certified in accordance with ASNT SNT-TC-1A.
Laboratory Testing Inc. processes each NDT testing order with our customer’s needs for turnaround and convenience in mind. We offer many additional services, from material preparation to special packaging and delivery, to conveniently complete your non destructive testing requirements:
- Receipt inspection
- Cutting, trimming and deburring
- Material identification
- Line marking
- Electrochemical etching
- Packaging and shipping in accordance with ANSI N45.2.2 or customer specifications